Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Common Wealth Games proud or shame


Eventually the dust of Common Wealth Games has settled with the lots of allegations and criticism. Now it is a time to scrutinize that what was actually happened with the Common Wealth Games. Is our country earned something or vilified in the eyes of world?  Is Common Wealth Games reason to be proud or become an international shame for us? Is it right to India like country to spend Rs.70K Cr only for 11days games while the huge proportion of population malnourished and some areas of countryside like Vidharbha are on the brink of starvation and completely illiterate. The toll of farmer suicides mounting day by day and our corrupt government is busy to celebrate our failures.

Yes Common Wealth Games certainly a failure for us, because it has been proved with the rotten infrastructure and several workers maimed and died while working for the Game Village. When an NGO People's Union for Democratic Rights (PUDR)sought information under RTI act from Labor Minister that how many workers were died they have no answer for that, even they are having no casualty report except the several injured when foot over bridge collapsed, whereas private agencies has been reported 45deaths. And no redress for the injured workers because cabinet don’t have name and addresses of the victims, this is the another phase of corruption because when the private NGO has deep information then certainly government is having more detailed report than private agency and might be the compensation distributed among the authorities.

The games are over but battle has begun between organizing committee and government politicos, everyone has unfolded their sword of words from the scabbard and stabbing to each other.
On the next day when games are over Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said corruption in the Games preparations appeared to stem from the organizing committee, its chairperson Suresh Kalmadi turned furious at her, saying she should look at her own departments. Blasting Dikshit’s “attempt to take credit’’ for salvaging the Games Village, Kalmadi stated bluntly, “We don’t want to be the scapegoats anymore.’’ He also pointed out that the panel headed by former CAG V K Shunglu would probe not just the work undertaken by “the OC at a budget of Rs 1,620 crore but also the Rs 16,000 crore spent by the Delhi government’’. Squarely blaming the Delhi government for much of the flak the OC got, Kalmadi said.

Everyone is to pointing out fingers at each other and ultimately as usual or as it is the rite of our country to appoint a commission to probe the scam has employed the Central Vigilance Commission. So far I have noticed that after every big activity we are appointing a commission to investigate the scam like in the recent past we have seen that what was happened after the IPL (Indian Premier League) it becomes an India Paisa League or LSD (Lalit, Shashi or Dhoka Darling). We are not only having biggest democracy but the biggest corrupted politicos and organizing personnel.

In the political parties tug of war BJP president Nitin Gadkari cited that “The CWG Organizing Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi had a budget of Rs 1,600 crore. Whatever he did is limited to this budget. But what about the Rs 70,000 crore spent on the Games and the role of the central government and the PMO? We have files with stamps of the PMO and the central government,” Gadkari told a press meet in Pune. This is not over here in the further dug Prasar Bharati gave the Rs 246-crore telecast rights of the Commonwealth Games to an illegal entity (UK based SIS Live) which gave a fake registration number and had no service tax number, raising doubts about the motives of the top brass who over-ruled objections and speedily paid out 80% of the contract fee even before the Games concluded. Games loot is not over here yet, in other case Advocate Rakesh Gupta booked for flower pot theft and the cost of each flower pot around Rs. 200-250/-, such a shameful actions.

Despite the facts our feudal government is preparing for the 2020 Olympics, Indian bid for Olympic is just a waste of time because in 88years of participation we have one solitary individual gold medal. So instead of biding Olympics we have to concentrate on creating and nurturing champions.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in his speech said that “the Maoist resistance is the single largest internal security threat for our nation" but as per me corrupted personnel and government politicos are the biggest internal threat for our nation.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Incompetent transport and Mumbaikars



When we the Mumbaikars begins our routine safar (travel) it starts with suffer. Instead of thinking of  business strategies we have to make strategy that how would I get success to hire an auto rickshaw or how I could get the over flowing train and bus with commuters to reach in time to my office. However, there are auto rickshaws available in massive scale; at some extent ratio of auto rickshaw is comparatively more than the passengers. But still commuters are struggling for hiring means of traveling, why it is so? However, government enhancing means of travel like blending railways from Western line to Harbor line and Central line, Mono rail, Metro rail and still continued with their dialogues but peasants need robust action instead of fake promises.
Still commuters are suffering, there are severe reasons behind it like errant cabbies, mounting fares and more especially if you want to go for a short run cabman will without any hesitation refuse to you. After staging demonstrations from several NGOs activist, political parties and commuters against those errant cabbies at some extent government have woke up from their slumber, but we cannot say well done but it has taken some steps to deter these goons like government have introduced if cabbie refuse for short distance then write a complaint to the Regional Transport Office with the auto or taxi number. After lodging complaint against them RTO office will take 30days time to convict or acquit to the cabbie. If he will be find guilty for his offence still I didn’t think so that he will be punished because rickshaw union combat and surely rescue him.
Responding to repeated complaints from raged passengers’ government of Maharashtra have given the 10 days ultimatum to the errant drivers to fall in line, but yet there is no progress, government also have run the several campaigns to teach ethics to errant derivers but what happened nothing. After running all these campaigns for the betterment or to make ease of transport there is no progress. Not only means of transports have been affected but have a look at the roads of Mumbai and you will not called it metro city after observing this, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has spent Rs 56 crore on filling 14,242 potholes on Mumbai’s roads in the last six months. Even after spending such a huge amount there is no sign of development. 
Cabbies are turning more dangerous, yet we have read about the errant cabbies but the fresh example of brutality, on 19th Sept a boy residential of Andheri gets 22 stitches over just Rs. 10 auto fare. Government have introduced the law that if we want action against errant drivers then post a complaint to RTO office how ridiculous, because in this case 20-year-old Simaab Vasi victim of ruthless driver have lodged the complaint against him and even have given the auto number yet officials are unable to trace out him there is no evolution in this case. Indeed civilians are the innocent but we are suffering and nothing is going to bad with these crooks.
It is not end here in another example to conning the passenger, Prashant Sane; member of the MNS Wahatuk Sena had hunted this information under RTI in January this year after suspecting that auto drivers from other states were obtaining licenses with bogus address proof. More than 50,000 driving licenses issued by the Andheri Regional Transport Office (RTO) for public transport from 1995 to March 2010 are under the scanner after a RTI application revealed that they were procured using fake documents. It shows that how our RTO officials are incompetent towards their responsibilities. 
Government should have to take some robust actions like suspend all the driving license of cabbies for those complaints have been received and those who don’t have address proof. Not only Cabbies are completely responsible for the controversy but some where our officials too. Entire country’s peasants are protesting against government, what if reasons are different in Kashmir they are fighting for Azadi, Dantewada tribal people (Maoist) for their land and forest agitating against dam constructions and Mumbaikars just for a smooth transport. 
We the civilians of India becomes rebellion by force not by choice.